Seattle, WA (PRWEB) July 26, 2012
Another veteran in show business has passed away. As reported by latimes.com, actor Chad Everett died on Wednesday following the death of Sherma Hemsley on Tuesday. And given that his death was caused by lung cancer, GreenBeanBuddy.com helped spread awareness about the disease and gave tips how to prevent it.
According to the report, Everett battled his illness for a year and a half long. And as confirmed by her daughter Katherine Thorpe, it detailed that he died at his home in Los Angeles at age 75. The report also related that the actor’s wife for 45 years, actress Shelby Grant, passed away last year of an aneurysm at age 74.
Born as Raymond Lee Cramton in South Bend, Indiana, the report stated that Everett had played a wide range of characters in many film and television productions. However, it said that he was most famous as Dr. Joe Gannon in CBS’s Medical Center. Running from 1969 to 1976, the reported added that the series gave the actor two Golden Globe Awards.
Below’s an excerpt of the post Chad Everett Died of Lung Cancer by GreenBeanBuddy.com.
As the showbiz industry mourns the recent death of comedy icon Sherman Hemsley, another actor passed away earlier today Chad Everett. The blue-eyed actor lost the battle against the lung cancer he fought for one and a half year.
According to Everett’s daughter, Katherine Thorp, his father died at his home in Los Angeles. He was 75 and was survived by his other daughter Shannon Everett and six grandchildren. His wife, actress Shelby Grant, died a year ago at age 74.
Entertainment and sports news website GreenBeanBuddy.com commented that Everett’s playing of numerous movie and television characters showed his versatility as an actor. However, it said that his death should not just remind people of his works but should also serve as a warning to the lung cancer that caused his passing.
The website stated that among others, smokers are the ones who must be fully aware of the disease. It asserted that cigarette smoking brings a very high risk of contracting the said illness. And so to help them prevent it, the website advised the quitting of the habit and the use of an electronic cigarette to do it.
Get More of the Latest News in Entertainment and Sports at GreenBeanBuddy.com.